Monday, February 14, 2011

Tasca Blog: Back on Track

I just got back from our first test session in Palm Beach, FL. It was great to be back at 300MPH again! We made 27 runs and compiled a lot of very useful data. Our quickest run was 4.09et at 310+MPH, our fastest MPH to date. Pomona is coming up fast but on our way out West we're going to stop for one last test session in Las Vegas on February 17th through the 19th. Pomona kicks off on February 24th.

The off season flew by and I really can't wait to get the 2011 season underway. I've never been more confident about the start of a session than I am for this one. Our team has high expectations on what we can achieve. All of my crew members from Jeff who runs my hospitality to Lee who runs the merchandise and Show Car operation have all signed up for another season with Tasca Racing.

Chris Cunningham and Mark Denner, my Crew Chiefs, have a really good handle on this Ford Boss power-train and I've never been more confident behind the wheel.

Besides my trip to Palm Beach, the last few weeks have been very busy. I spent time in Charlotte getting some last minute items approved. I also spent a week in Dearborn attending a product review.

I am one of a handful of people that Ford's leadership team takes through their future product line up to get feedback. I have been on this committee for many years and I can say I have never been more excited about the future of Ford than I am right now. The product line up that we are selling today and the ones coming in the near future are not only best in class but world class!

After that meeting I flew home for a few days and then back to Dearborn for a meeting with Mark Fields, President of the Americas. It was a financial review with the top 300 executives in the company. John Force, Robert Height and I were there to deliver the championship trophy to the Ford Team. Each of us got an opportunity to address the leadership team on how the One Ford approach to drag racing helped secure a championship for Ford.

We also explained how the sport of drag racing delivers on the phrase my grandfather coined back in the 60's, "Win on Sunday Sell on Monday!" I can tell you first hand Ford truly values the sport of drag racing because of the loyalty of our fans.

While out in Dearborn I also got a chance to visit the Detroit Auto Show. In my opinion, the hit of the show was the all new Ford Explorer and the Focus. Check out the links below to see for yourself.

I can't wait for Vegas then off to Pomona to officially start the season. See you at the track!